As a black woman, deciding which are the best braids hairstyles to do can be difficult. One would think it should be easier considering that hair braiding has been done for thousands of years. However, there are so many beautiful braided hairstyles for black women to choose from in 2023, and more keep emerging!
There are also several key factors you must consider before settling on the best braids hairstyles to try.
If you are at a loss on what braided hairstyles are best for black hair or need ideas to present to your stylist on your next appointment, we have got you covered. In this post, we have compiled a list of some of the best braids hairstyles for black women in 2023.
But before we go to the popular braids hairstyles for black women right now, let’s first see some of the factors to consider when choosing a good braided hairstyle. Read on…
How to Choose the Best Braids Hairstyles for Black Women
As much as you may wish it, not all types of braided hairstyles will be suitable for you.
You could see a friend with beautiful braided hair, or look up ideas of good braids hairstyles for black women on Instagram or Pinterest, and desire to have the same done, only for the hairstyle not to look so good on you.
Knowing the factors to consider when choosing the right braided hairstyle for you is important. They will help you determine which are the best braids hairstyles for black women in 2023, i.e., ones that will not only look good but also feel good and protect your hair.
To choose the best braids hairstyles for black hair, you must consider the following factors;
- The shape and size of your head
- The type of braided hairstyles you want to do
- The type of hair you have
- The length of your hair
- The kind of braids to use for your desired hairstyle
- The best color of braids that suits your skin tone
- The length of braids to use, whether long, short, or medium
- The size of braids. Too big or too small could be painful and may also cause hair loss or damage to your hairline due to breakage.
- The amount of time you can dedicate to the hair braiding process. Some braid hairstyles can take hours.
- The length of time you would like your braids to last while still looking nice and fresh
- The right hairstylist for you based on their abilities, cost, and reviews of their braiding services
20 Best Braids Hairstyles for Black Women in 2023
- Box braids
- Boho/Goddess knotless braids hairstyle
- Flip over Fulani braids hairstyle
- Stitch braids
- Half lemonade cornrow braids
- Butterfly braids
- Lemonade braids/Side swept cornrow braids
- Feed in cornrows updo with beaded bangs
- French curls braids
- Mohawk braids hairstyle for black women
- Feed in straight back cornrows
- Senegalese twists
- Plain knotless braids hairstyle for black women
- Middle part tribal braids
- Half up half down braids
- Feed in updo
- Fulani tribal braids
- Passion twist
- Braided bob hairstyles for black women
- Kinky braids
What is your choice for the best braids hairstyles for black women?
There are many more beautiful braided hairstyles you can do on black hair. But the above are among the best braids hairstyles for black women to try in 2023. They are sleek and trendy, and they will make you feel beautiful and confident when you have them done.
Some of the popular braided hairstyles for black women are easy to do and take down. Hence, you can even do them on yourself! You only need to watch tutorials on how to do braids on black hair, which many hair stylists often share for free on social media networks such as YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook.
Remember to consider the above factors when choosing the best braids hairstyles for you as a black woman.
Choosing the wrong stylist, braid type, or braided hairstyle could produce unsatisfactory results that may mess with your self-confidence, damage your hairline, cause hair breakage and loss, and result in headaches that make it difficult for you to sleep or function properly.
From the popular box braids and feed in braids to the trending flip over Fulani braids and knotless boho braids, you now know which are the best braids hairstyles for black women in 2023. Try them out and you will be confident knowing that you look good.
Read more articles from Aisles of Life here.