If you are a movie-lover, what are some of the dumbest things you have seen people do in horror movies? I rarely watch horror movies because I often get angry when the characters in them make some stupid decisions that worsen their situation or even get them killed. And I don’t see a good reason why I should intentionally do that to myself.
But with Halloween being in October, I have been watching a lot of horror movies lately. And as usual, I couldn’t help but get annoyed and frustrated when so many horror movie characters do the dumbest things.
I probably, and hopefully, will never be in the same situations as these people having some bad guy or thing coming after me in real life. So I may be judging the horror movie characters too harshly for making stupid decisions. But here’s a list of some of the dumbest things characters in horror movies do all the time.
* The Impact of Video Games, Music, TV Shows, and Movies on Mental Health
* 10 Reasons Why You Should Go to the Movies Alone (and Not Feel Weird or Sad)
* Books vs. Movies/TV Shows Adaptations: Why People Hate The Film Versions of Books
Dumbest Things Horror Movie Characters Do
1. Staying in a haunted house or at a place they know people have disappeared or been murdered before
2. Investigating suspicious noises in the dark with no weapon
3. Running away from danger in a straight line, e.g., a falling tree or house, logs rolling downhill, a car chasing them, or someone shooting at them.
4. Splitting up instead of sticking together to confront the villain
5. Not making sure the killer has really been defeated before putting their weapon aside, running away, or turning around to celebrate
6. Going into dark basements or abandoned buildings
7. Making a lot of noise while trying to be quiet
8. Throwing away or leaving behind something that could be useful to them later, e.g., a weapon, food, a car, or a map
9. Moving from a safer place to go elsewhere when the killer is still around
10. Ignoring suspicious activity, e.g., flickering lights, movements in the shadows, objects moving on their own, unexplainable noises, blood on the floor, dead things, strange people, etc.
11. Hiding something that could potentially help or harm them and those they are with, e.g., vital information, a zombie bite, a wound, or the creepy thing they found.
12. Living in a town or area with creepy names, such as Hellmouth, Tombstone, Skull Creek, or Shadowville, then wondering why bad things are happening
13. Camping or going on road trips to places with no cell service
14. Not locking doors
15. Ignoring warnings on the road and from neighbors or strangers
16. Going up the stairs to hide in their rooms, thereby trapping themselves
17. Confronting the killer with no weapon or plan
18. Walking alone in a dark alley or street late at night
19. Not calling the police
20. Doing what they are told not to do, e.g., do not read, they read; do not make any noise, they are noisy; do not go over there, they go; do not take or touch anything, they do both, etc.
Though people in horror movies do many more dumb things, these are the ones that annoy me the most. I wish these characters were smarter. But then some movies would end before they began, and we wouldn’t have anything to watch.
Many of us would like to think that we wouldn’t make the same stupid decisions as the characters in horror movies if we were ever in the same situations. But we probably would. Remember how some people refused to wear masks or get vaccinated even though they knew how dangerous the coronavirus was? If these scary situations happened in real life, many people would likely make even dumber decisions than the characters in horror movies.
Read more articles from Aisles of Life here.
Last Updated on November 18, 2022